Monday, August 01, 2005

That was simple

I just took off the crazy racks and installed them properly. You can see above how they look. What the hell was so hard that a reputable bike store did not know how to deal with low riders? Sheesh. I can't believe I had to waste my time doing what they were paid to do. The hardest part of the whole ordeal was finding the hardware. You'd think bike stores would have the Allen bolts ready for customers to buy, but no, not at all. They send you to hardware stores. The neighborhood hardware stores I tried didn't have Allen bolts either; I had to bike to Framingham to get to the Home Depot, where I stocked up on as many sizes of "cap screw sockets" (as they call them) as I could. It turns out that four #10-24x1-1/2", plus some washers and nuts, did the trick. After Home Depot, I rushed home and managed to make it to REI before they closed. I got front panniers! I was considering the water-tight Ortliebs, but I've got Ortliebs for the back and thought it would the handy to have some outside pockets. They should serve me well.

3 Comments:

At 8/03/2005 12:01:00 AM, Blogger stupid said...

I don't know why they couldn't put it on correctly for you, but many shops send customers to the hardware store for bolts because when they buy them from thier supplier it's the same cost as going to the hardware store. They then have to mark the item up, and most customers don't want to pay $5.00 for a bolt they can get for $2.50 at the hardware store.

 
At 8/03/2005 01:47:00 PM, Blogger Knox Gardner said...

I would certainly send a photo of the "install" to International or whateve the name of the shop is, and give them a bit of hell for the shoddy work.

It was not appropriate for them to install them and then say that you "can't turn your wheel" the whole way. Completely nutty and unsafe.

You should also look at your bill, and if they charged you at all for the install, get that money back. Normally, even when you buy a new bike, you'll get charged a "discounted rate" for intial labor becuase the margins are so small in cycle shops.

 
At 8/03/2005 02:47:00 PM, Blogger Victor Chudnovsky said...

I did send them a polite but disappointed email last night, with links to the before and after pictures. I have not heard back from them yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home