Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Ready to go!

I am all packed! The first thing I did this morning was take apart my bike. I couldn't quite remove the left pedal; everything else went smoothly. I put the disassembled bike in the canvas bike bag Knox left me, and that in turn inside the cardboard bike box I got at the bike store. I hope it doesn't get damaged along the way. I am checking two additional bags (one with my clothes and camping stuff in the back panniers, plus the tools I need to assemble the bike; the other with the food in the front panniers and Knox's odds and ends). My helmet and some toiletries are in a carry-on, and my handlebar bag as a "purse." Honestly, I don't really think I overpacked. We will trim stuff at the hotel in North Sydney if necessary, but I think it will mostly be stuff that was not meant to go on the bikes anyway: the tools and the sea salt bath scrub... Mail is held, cab is ordered... Time to go to sleep. Adventure awaits!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home